COVID-19 Studio Policies and Upgrades
(Updated June 30, 2020)
To be in our space, all teachers, staff and students need to be able to honestly answer yes to check all 4 Boxes below via our Safety First Agreement:
In the past 14 days,
✅ NO COVID-19 symptoms
✅ Not near someone who has symptoms or tested positive
✅ Wore a mask when social distancing is hard to do
✅ Maintained 6’ minimum social distance
The upgrades and new health procedures will be constantly reviewed and updated as more information comes from the CDC and our local and state health officials.
Anyone who wishes to return to the studio will be required to sign our Safety First Waiver.
Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces.
Sanitize lowers the number of germs. Sanitizing is meant to reduce, not kill, the occurrence and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Disinfect kills germs on surfaces or objects. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), if you think a surface may be infected with COVID-19, clean it with a disinfectant to kill the virus in order to protect yourself and others.
North Carolina Phase 2 Regulations
Based on the above Executive Order that came out on May 20, 2020, we will hold live camps for the month of June with a maximum of 16 people our studio at a time as well as the following updates and procedures.
Facility Upgrades and Policies
- Majority of our aerial rig points are on pulleys so that apparatus can be taken down and cleaned between usage.
- Hand Sanitization Stations in each studio.
- 1 person per apparatus
- Aerial hoops/Lyras: Sanitized with Vital Oxide
- Trapeze: Sanitized with Vital Oxide
- Corde Lisse / Ropes: Sanitized with Vital Oxide
- Floors are cleaned with ProClean 1 - 3 times each day pending on usage.
- High touch surfaces are disinfected every 2 hours.
- Mats are disinfected after each use.
- Rigging is only touched by teachers and staff.
- CC&DC Silks are cleaned in the washing machine on warm water with detergent before the next student use.
- If you would like to purchase your own Aerial Silk, click here for our shopping list. You will be responsible to bring it to class and to maintain a cleaning log of your apparatus.
- Front Desk Staff will take temperatures of everyone who enters the studio. The temperatures will be recorded in a secure online Google Document for record purposes only.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE IN-DEPTH POLICIES
July Maximum Number of Students in the Studio: 16
Drop-off and Pick-up
- Drop-off in the front. If you have a question for our Studio Manager, please do come in. But parents will not allowed to wait in the lobby during classes.
- Pick-up will be in the back. Drive around to the back of our suite and we are in the middle.
- Clean hands every 30 minutes with hand sanitizer that is 60% alcohol or higher or wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Before and after each class, students and staff will either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Face Masks are to be worn at all times while in our studio. The face mask can come off temporarily if the person is having trouble breathing or it is causing other safety hazard. CDC Guidelines
- Everyone shall maintain a minimum of 6' distance from everyone at all times.
Students Need to Bring the Following To Class
- Personal bottle of Hand Sanitizer
- Bring your own water bottle. Only water bottles can be filled at the water fountain.
- Your own rosin spray (click here to order) and chalk bag (a plastic bag or fabric pouch can work and we can provide you with some chalk.
- Change of Clothes (optional): Students can also bring a change of clothes and a back to put their work out clothes in before they leave the studio.
- Small bag with your personal equipment and items.
COVID-19 Refund/Cancellation Policy for Summer Camps and Intensives
Due to these uncertain times that we live in due to COVID-19, we have adjusted our refund policy. If you feel unsafe sending your child to our camp, below are your refund and cancellation options:
2 Weeks Notice: Full Refund of Tuition
Less than 2 Weeks Notice: 30% Refund of Tuition
During Camp: No refund.
If you do cancel and financially are able, we would like for you to consider donating your tuition to our Resilience Fund.
Know that we are limiting our space in our camps significantly. Once you cancel, someone else might take your child’s space.